TSR-formulated and standard facade paints are applied the same way. With SolReflex, Brillux offers a system in which surface heat is reduced thanks to special formulas. This provides more flexibility in the design of external thermal insulation composite systems when using dark colors.
Lightness reference value?
The lightness reference value represents the lightness of a body color as seen by the human eye in relation to pure white (lightness reference value 100) and deep black (lightness reference value 0). However, the human eye can only see electromagnetic radiation in a wavelength range between 400 to 700 nm (nanometers). This range determines the different perception of body colors, with the range between 500 and 600 nm the most important for lightness perception.
For more information about the revolutionary SolReflex system,
please contact us:
Mailbox 16 40
Phone +49 251 7188-229
Fax +49 251 7188-199
Advantages of SolReflex at a glance
- reduces heat build-up of insulated facade surfaces
- the simple and safe solution for external thermal insulation composite systems makes using colors with lightness reference values of 20 and less possible thanks to TSR formula colors
- provides maximum flexibility for the color design of external thermal insulation composite systems
- protects the reinforcement and top plaster layer against excessive temperatures
- no expensive special solutions (i.e. double fabric layer, special reinforcement materials and insulation boards) required – normally, two paint coats are sufficient
TSR stands for Total Solar Reflectance. The values range from 0 to 100 (as in the case of the lightness reference value), with a high value representing good reflection and a low value representing poorer reflection.